Wednesday, October 6, 2010

It's Bloggidy Time!!!!
















For anyone who cares :)...here is FINALLY an update of our lives. I probably don't get on alot, because I feel like there isn't much to tell about! I've been thinking alot lately about how frustrating, tiring, wonderful, stressful, rewarding, and amazing it is being a MOTHER. I read something on my Mother in law's blog, and it has inspired me to be better at making my home a "refuge" or safe place that my kids desire to be in. I've been getting frustrated lately about Kyle refusing to nap anymore, and it has made me ornery mope about the whole time he is up when he should be napping. But instead, I should be doing fun things with him, making him feel safe and loved at home, instead of feeling that I'm disappointed in him. I've tried to be more of a fun Mom lately, and let stuff that usually stresses me, slide by. Before I know it, Kyle will be in elementary school, and just keep getting older and older, and then I'll probably just wish he'd wake up from napping instead of now how I wish he'd take one! Kyle turned 3 in July, and is the life of the neighborhood. All the kids (mostly older ones) love to come ask if Kyle can come out in the back (we all share a backyard since we're in townhomes, so I can keep an eye on him) and play soccer or baseball. He just started our little neighborhood preschool in September and loves it. The first day he wanted to ride his scooter, so off we went with him scooting along with his little backpack in tow. He looked like such a grown up. When he came home that first day (my friend picked him up and dropped him off), he walked in the door, and dropped his backpack right by the front and came tromping in, just like he'd been going to school for years. It was so stinkin' cute, I had to laugh. Kyle's such a grateful little boy and never misses a meal without saying "Thank you Mommy for making this. This is good. " haha...what a sweetie. He is definitely stubborn and hasn't slept in his room for months now. We tried so many things to get him to sleep in his own bed after Addie came, locking him in, putting him down with favorite toys, warnings, rewards, taking him back in 30 times(each time he came out, but it became a game to him), lying down with him until he fell asleep, etc. Finally we just could not take it anymore, and he sleeps in our room...but it is still a stressful subject in our home :) He is the BEST big brother to Addie. She adores him, and he lets her tackle him, maul his face, slobber and kiss him, etc. I'm so so grateful that he will be the oldest of our little Brown family, because he has so many "big brother" qualities that I can already see. His younger siblings will be so so lucky to have him as their big bubba.





I've just been so grateful lately for the life that I have. Ever since Addie hit about 6 months old, she's been SOOOOOOOO much happier. It has been a HUGE difference, and it doesn't even seem real thinking about the first 6 months and how we made it through with her non-stop crying, not eating good, not sleeping in the night, etc. She just started sleeping through the night about 2 weeks ago, and it has been such a LUXURY for me! She finally succumbed to sleeping in her own crib at about 7 months, but was still waking up 2-3 times in the night. Addie is 10 months now, about 15 lbs, has 2 teeth, a little bit of hair, and the sweetest little nose that scrunches up when she smiles. She is such a happy baby now, and is a MOMMY'S girl. She loves her Daddy too, but army crawls all over the house until she finds me. I have to admit that I kind of like it :) I feel so blessed to have her in our family and thank Heavenly Father everyday for how much happier she seems in her body and spirit.





We've done some fun things this year: In July we spent the fourth and Kyle's bday (the 3rd) with Neal's family in Kanab. He loved getting so much attention...even fireworks for his birthday! In July my brother Daniel got home from his mission, and my whole family took a road trip out to Omaha where my brother and his family live, then on to Ohio where my Dad is from. Neal had never been out to Ohio or met all the "Ellison" side of the family, so it was a really neat trip. I would NOT RECOMMEND it to anyone...we were gone 9 days, and 5 of those days were spent traveling. Haha...it actually WAS WORTH IT, even though Addie definitely did not like it, Kyle did really well (for the most part), and I was really proud of him! I got to spend my 24th birthday in Omaha surrounded by my family, and there's not a better way I'd rather spend my birthday. A few weeks ago, Neal got to go to Alaska with his Dad and brothers for a fishing trip. It was a rough 5 days with him gone, but I survived it :) Nikki (my sis in law) and I hung out and slept over at each other's houses since both our husbands were gone. Of course I got an injury while he was having the time of his life...sprained my foot....nothing too serious, but I asked him to take the next flight when it happened. (Which of course he DIDN'T :) But seriously it KILLED! I guess I was being a bit of a baby since he was gone. Okay let's get some pictures rolling of the last like 10 months...





4 comments:

Andrea Gilberg said...

I love the update. Addie is so cute :) Motherhood is so challenging and frustrating, but I'm sure you do great. cute family pic too.

Michelle said...

It's so good to hear from you! I'm glad you made it w/out the boys for the week, sounds like they had a blast!

Shana said...

You make me laugh sooo hard Megan! I can just picture you saying all of this stuff!! :) I am so glad you finally updated!! YAY!!! HAPPY SHANA! And how hilarious that you asked Neal to take the next flight home!! I am glad he didn't! ;) hehe... You are such a good Mom and soo patient!! You are a great example and I am so grateful we are friends!

Jiffy said...

Megan!!! I love seeing pics of your family! I can't believe Adddie is almost 1!!!! We really have to move back to SLC, we miss you guys! It would be so fun to get our kids together!